There is a road in the hearts of all of us, hidden and seldom traveled,
which leads to an unkown, secret place.
The old people came literally to love the soil,
and they sat or reclined on the ground with a feeling of
being close to a mothering power.
Their teepees were built upon the earth
and their altars were made of earth.
The soul was soothing, strengthening, cleansing and healing.
That is why the old Indian still sits upon the earth instead of
propping himself up and away from its life giving forces.
For him, to sit or lie upon the ground is to be able to think more deeply
and to feel more keenly. He can see more clearly into the mysteries of
life and come closer in kinship to other lives about him.
~ Chief Luther Standing Bear ~
Go Vegan or strive towards it by becoming Vegetarian with this easy how-to guide from PETA!
Complete with recipes, meal plans, and grocery lists, this takes the “how do I even start?” out of starting a new lifestyle! Check it out and try something 🙂
This Aloha green juice is made up of all organic & local ingredients from my favorite store in the whole world Down To Earth:
- 2/3 bunch Kale
- 1/3 bunch Dandelion Greens
- 1/2 Large Cucumber
- 3 medium sized carrots
- 1 Fuji Apple
- 1/2 papaya
- 1/2 cup cold-pressed, organic Lakewood coconut juice
To make two batches (as seen here) just double the recipe!
No ka ‘oi means “the best” and follows a noun.
Aloha has many meanings including hello, goodbye, love and affection!
Where all my free thinkers and conscious followers at?? Even though the people around us sometimes think we are “crazy” for our ideas, we know our truth! Thank you for being a part of the liveinloveorganics community!
Awesome visual for food facts!
Happy World Health Day! ♥Have you hugged a carrot today?♥
“The doctor of the future will no longer treat the human frame with drugs, but rather will cure and prevent disease with nutrition.” – Thomas Edison
This week’s ♥WALL OF WELLNESS♥
I’ve always turned to Robitussin or DayQuil or some sort of other medicine to heal me when I’m sick, but this time I did some research and tried to use Mother Nature instead! On day 1, I literally felt like I was a dragon breathing fire! I had to turn to a menthol cough drop and two advil to stop the pain (if anyone has any natural home remedies for pain, PLEASE share) I’ve also had a wet cough everyday with trouble breathing
For my wellness plan here’s what I did:
- 6 wellness pills twice daily with a meal
- 1 echinacea pill twice daily with a meal
- 6 oil of oregano drops into 4 ounces water
- Ginger/lemon/honey/echinacea or peppermint tea at least 6 times per day.
- Added cloves of fresh cut garlic to each dinner I cooked
- Also, LOTS of water!
- Avoided dairy products and refined sugar foods (or at least tried – I can’t resist pizza and brownies at work! But i definitely coughed more when I ate those things) – this is actually very important! As soon as I ate refined sugar and dairy, my cough got way worse and more stuff would come up, leading to a worse sore throat. Eat alkaline foods us has kale, zucchini, carrots, etc. that will balance out your body and make it less acidic!
For the tea: use a peeler to get the ginger skin off of a 1-2 inch section, chop into tiny cubes. Slice lemon into half then quarter each half. Add two quarters lemon and 1-2 inches cubed ginger to pot of water then boil. Add echinacea tea bag and boiling lemon/ginger mixture into mug then sprinkle cayenne pepper and teaspoon honey into mug. Allow to cool a bit, then enjoy. I did this at least 6 times/day.
Oil of Oregano: I found out that Oil of Oregano is one of the most powerful natural antibiotics out there. I’ve been putting 6-7 drops into 3-5 ounces of water (don’t stir or shake-keep the oil in the middle in one place) and drinking quickly. It’s important to buy certain kinds with certain potencies, for example: I used organic wild Mediterranean oregano oil (origanum vulgare), it’s 80% carvacrol-this is important because carvacrol must be at least 60-80%, and because it is so potent it must be mixed with a carrier oil-this one is mixed with vitamin e and extra virgin olive oil.
It’s day 4 and my cough is subsiding, less stuff is coming up, and my throat doesn’t hurt half as bad!
Parasite Cleansing Materials
For this cleanse, you’ll need Now Fresh Green Black Walnut Wormwood Complex, Whole Psyllium Husk, Liquid Bentonite Clay, and probiotics all of which are on Amazon. Links here:
*If you are planning on doing the cleanse for two weeks and doing the maintenance cleanse a week later (recommended) I suggest purchasing a larger amount of Bentonite clay and the tincture as I ran out.
How to cleanse:
- Morning: As soon as you wake up drink a P&B colon cleanse shake: mix 8 oz of water or juice, add 1 tablespoon of your psyllium husks & 1 tablespoon liquid bentonite clay. Shake, don’t stir with metal utensils as the Bentonite clay will pull the metal into your drink, and consume quickly. Follow with an 8 oz glass of water immediately. Wait 1 hour after drinking the P&B shake, then take the parasite cleanse tincture by mixing two dropper full (not drops, entire droppers full) into 8 oz of water. Once this settles for at least 30 minutes, you can eat. Important: follow the time guidelines listed above, as the bentonite clay will absorb any nutrients from foods you eat and herbs in the tincture.
- Night: About two hours before dinner, make & drink your P&B shake and follow with 8 oz. glass of water. After an hour, make your tincture mix and drink. 30 minutes later you can eat. Take a probiotic 1 hour after you eat dinner.
- Repeat these steps daily for two full weeks!
- SUPER IMPORTANT UPDATE: Be sure to take a probiotic nightly!! Since you are killing a large amount of bacteria, you need to replenish the good ones to keep yourself from getting sick! I ignored this step and got so sick this week, I couldn’t even celebrate my 25th birthday! I went to my favorite local, organic health foods store Down To Earth and talked with the associates who recommended the RAW probiotics Women by Garden of Life, which I LOVE!
Overall tips for a great cleanse: Follow the timelines, take your probiotics, eat healthy/alkaline/parasite-killing foods, take healing herbs and drink healing organic tea (see my Wall of Wellness and posts on my instagram @liveinloveorganics for a couple teas I drink), do your own research and find what works for you! You are dramatically changing your body-thank it by helping it stay healthy!
»Parasite Killing Foods«
Eat these while cleansing and even when not cleansing to help rid your self of parasites: raw garlic, pumpkin seeds, dried figs, pineapples, oregano essential oil, onion, extra virgin coconut oil, papaya seeds, pomegranate, and almonds
Tips from Organic Olivia:
You can do this parasite and colon cleanse that I’m doing while eating a normal diet. BUT, eat clean and healthy. Do not eat heavy foods or processed foods. It’s best to do the parasite and colon cleanse while juice fasting.
How To Enhance This Parasite/Colon Cleanse
1. EAT HEALTHY – Veggies, salads, leafy greens and cleansing foods. Avoid high sugar foods, and avoid all refined sugar/wheat/processed food.
2. EAT PARASITE KILLING FOOD – Raw garlic, pumpkin seeds aka “pepitas”, pineapples, papaya seeds, oregano essential oil in tea, dried figs.
3. DRINK PLENTY OF WATER – Keep your system flushing out toxins.
After Your Parasite Cleanse
Continue to take a maintenance dose of the tincture or pills. This would be two to three droppers full, twice a day on an empty stomach, once or twice a week.
Also important: after you finish the parasite and colon cleanse, take an excellent probiotic daily. You want to replenish any good bacteria that may have been effected by the herbal antimicrobial.