Working full time, keeping the house clean, paying bills, trying to stay fit and healthy…this can all be difficult to time manage. However the one thing that we can’t go without paying attention to is that you must eat! Therefore, finding quick and easy recipes that you don’t have to make everyday is key.
Welcome: the breakfast oatmeal casserole! Healthy, quick, and satisfying. Here is the recipe below, which can be modified in many ways (see my modifications below). I used all organic ingredients and swapped out the dairy where I could. On a scale of 1 to 10, I would give this an 8! Very easy, inexpensive, filling, and tasty!
- 2 Cups All Natural Oats
- ⅓ Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ Cup Chocolate Chips (dark chocolate)
- 1 Cup Strawberries (raspberries)
- ⅔ Cup Blueberries
- 1 Ripe Banana
- 2 Cups Milk (vanilla almond milk)
- 1 Large Egg
- 2 Tbsp Butter (organic melt buttery spread)
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 1/2 tsp Chia seeds
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray a 10×10 casserole dish generously with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix oats, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, half the chocolate chips, & half the berries. Stir well and pour into casserole dish. Add the other half of the berries & chocolate chips to the top of the mixture. Then, slice the banana & add to top. Sprinkle on chia seeds.
- In a separate bowl, combine milk, egg, butter, & vanilla. Whisk thoroughly. Pour on top of oatmeal mixture, making sure the all oats are soaked evenly.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Then, remove casserole & add a tablespoon of brown sugar to the top of the casserole for added sweetness (optional.) Bake for an additional 5 or 10 minutes or until the top of the casserole is golden brown.
Some modification ideas:
- Try adding chia or flax seeds to the mix
- Lessen the sugar and butter
- Swap one cup oats for one cup freekeh
- Try different berries, like raspberries
Find the original recipe here. Enjoy!
This marks the 2nd parasite cleanse I’ve ever done, and this time two of my friends decided to join me to see what parasite cleansing is all about! I’m hoping to have them write a guest blog post at the end of our two weeks, so stay tuned to hear their experiences and results!
You may be wondering, what prompted them to try it too? Well, they saw how my acne cleared, my face glowed, my energy levels increased (not to mention how I literally saw parasites) and they wanted to see if they could experience the same results!
The cleanse so far:
- Unfortunately this time around I have not been eating very healthy..I’ve been craving the most unhealthy foods every day! I think this is due to my past 3 weeks of binging on processed foods and eating out at restaurants while my boyfriend visited Hawaii and I visited home in California. It’s amazing how even a few weeks of bad habits can be so hard to break! My strategy: I’ve been trying to slowly get back into the healthy eating routine by allowing myself to give in to temptation and eat unhealthy foods when I really want them, but always try and have one healthy meal per day to help me transition back into mostly/all healthy meals.
I actually had this discussion with my yoga teacher (Check him out on instagram @hnlguru) about not depriving yourself of the foods your body is telling you you want. If you seek a binary solution (all healthy or nothing at all) then you will not enjoy this new change and you could potentially be setting yourself up for failure. I prefer a more achievable approach, with unhealthy things in moderation, perhaps more slightly skewed in the unhealthy direction at first, then slowly moving on to the healthier side of things as time goes on.
I will post in about a week with our final results from this cleanse!
Results so far:
- Two friends have seen at least one parasite each!
- I have seen at least one parasite!
- Acne is clearing up
- Skin tone is smoother
- We also have noticed our energy levels increasing! My firnd is on her period and she said usually she is very tired, but this time she isn’t. I also noticed that on my last cleanse, so it’s great to hear someone else experiencing this!
- We are all experiencing a lot of bloating. I think this is from the colon cleanse as the bottle says to decrease the dose if you experience bloating
We have all been eating unhealthy, so hopefully we will see more results this coming week! Stay tuned 🙂
Go Vegan or strive towards it by becoming Vegetarian with this easy how-to guide from PETA!
Complete with recipes, meal plans, and grocery lists, this takes the “how do I even start?” out of starting a new lifestyle! Check it out and try something 🙂