Start your morning off right with this 5-minutes-to-make smoothie!
Ingredients (all organic):
💚half banana sliced
💚half packet acai
💚handful frozen mixed berry blend
💚tablespoon chia seeds
💚almond milk filled up to kale
💚pomegranate juice filled up to top
Such an easy recipe and so YUM ! You can find all of these ingredients at costco for cheap-just keep the fruits and kale frozen, chia seeds stored in your cupboard, and pomegranate juice/almond milk in the fridge. I like to wake up, drink a warm cup of tea with lemon, let it sit for about 10 mins then drink this smoothie. The warm water will kick start your digestive system and the smoothie will follow. Enjoy!!
This week’s ♥WALL OF WELLNESS♥
I’ve always turned to Robitussin or DayQuil or some sort of other medicine to heal me when I’m sick, but this time I did some research and tried to use Mother Nature instead! On day 1, I literally felt like I was a dragon breathing fire! I had to turn to a menthol cough drop and two advil to stop the pain (if anyone has any natural home remedies for pain, PLEASE share) I’ve also had a wet cough everyday with trouble breathing
For my wellness plan here’s what I did:
- 6 wellness pills twice daily with a meal
- 1 echinacea pill twice daily with a meal
- 6 oil of oregano drops into 4 ounces water
- Ginger/lemon/honey/echinacea or peppermint tea at least 6 times per day.
- Added cloves of fresh cut garlic to each dinner I cooked
- Also, LOTS of water!
- Avoided dairy products and refined sugar foods (or at least tried – I can’t resist pizza and brownies at work! But i definitely coughed more when I ate those things) – this is actually very important! As soon as I ate refined sugar and dairy, my cough got way worse and more stuff would come up, leading to a worse sore throat. Eat alkaline foods us has kale, zucchini, carrots, etc. that will balance out your body and make it less acidic!
For the tea: use a peeler to get the ginger skin off of a 1-2 inch section, chop into tiny cubes. Slice lemon into half then quarter each half. Add two quarters lemon and 1-2 inches cubed ginger to pot of water then boil. Add echinacea tea bag and boiling lemon/ginger mixture into mug then sprinkle cayenne pepper and teaspoon honey into mug. Allow to cool a bit, then enjoy. I did this at least 6 times/day.
Oil of Oregano: I found out that Oil of Oregano is one of the most powerful natural antibiotics out there. I’ve been putting 6-7 drops into 3-5 ounces of water (don’t stir or shake-keep the oil in the middle in one place) and drinking quickly. It’s important to buy certain kinds with certain potencies, for example: I used organic wild Mediterranean oregano oil (origanum vulgare), it’s 80% carvacrol-this is important because carvacrol must be at least 60-80%, and because it is so potent it must be mixed with a carrier oil-this one is mixed with vitamin e and extra virgin olive oil.
It’s day 4 and my cough is subsiding, less stuff is coming up, and my throat doesn’t hurt half as bad!